Happy Fall! Looking for a fun DIY activity to do with your kids? Try a leaf art craft! The autumn foliage is not only beautiful, but it also can be incorporated into a ton of fun artwork. Even if you don’t live in a place where the leaves change, you can substitute other plants and foliage for a similar effect. Additionally, fake leaves can be purchased at your nearest craft store.
What you will need:
- Bag for leaf collection
- Leaves collected from outside or purchased at a craft store
- Colored Paper
- Elmer’s Glue
- Markers or pens
- Painting sponge
- Optional: other craft supplies such as googly eyes, pipe cleaners, Popsicle sticks
- Let your kids run around outside and pick up different colored leaves and twigs. Let them get creative with it! Guide them to pick up leaves with a variation of colors and texture.
- Make sure to supply a plastic bag for your child to collect their findings.
- Bring their leaf findings back inside, and let your children get creative! Between leaf people, collages, stamping the leaves with paint…the possibilities for this craft are endless!
Below are some ideas for inspiration: